Okay, I’ve seen lists in other blogs about wants, wishes, favourites and such like. Credit crunch means lottery thoughts make for a diversionary trip through cash fuelled dreams. Sure, I hope and aim to reach these goals, but until then, they are just lists…
Obviously I want the best for my family, so that goes without saying (same with World peace, man).
Ten things I would like:
1. Flight in a Spitfire. Not a Harvard or Yak or similar vintage aircraft. It has to be a Spitfire.
2. Own an original or replica Cobra or Jaguar. In fact top of that list would be a replica Jaguar XJ13…. Big V12 sitting right behind your head, and you sit wrapped in the most elegant shaped bodywork ever. Failing that, a trip out in one of these would be superb.
3. Harley “War Bird” style low rider. You might have started to notice I have a fondness for V engines.
4. Big enough house with workshop (so I can build and keep cars and bikes). It would need a fair amount of land, as I’d want space for number 5.
5. Percheron or similar horse. 18 hands will do it. I love the shape of these horses.
6. A Doberman or Husky type dog.
7. A yacht. Proper job like the America cup types. For those times when I’m not riding my Percheron down to the field behind my workshop to work on my Jag XJ13. Even a trip out would suffice for now. Just need to learn to sail first…
8. Large enough land to build a safe rifle range. 1000yd range would be tops. Needless to say I’d need certain rifles to use there. I’m thinking Tac Ops stuff (x-ray), or some other very accurate long ranger. I don’t care too much about machine guns – I like the thought and precision of a long range bolt action.
9. A Tiger Moth. I’d also like the pilots licence so I could fly it… Obviously!
10. Corrective laser eye surgery. Yup, not a major thing, but something I’d like as contacts and glasses are annoying some times.
Well, that’s my first Blog list. Triggered by the Jacks blog (Thoughtful Spaz – see my links). Some times you just need to make a list!
You have to have goals and dreams. All of the above are possible if things work out, although some are more possible than others!